MHG1902 - Lighthouse, Lybster Harbour
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- LIGHTHOUSE (Built, 19th Century - 1884 AD to 1884 AD)
This site is now recorded as a beacon by RCAHMS - it is not known why it was reclassifed. The building is first depicted on the 2nd edition Ordnance Survey map c.1906 and clearly marked as a lighthouse (fixed red). <1><2>
This site was visited by a member of HCAU staff in August 2009. The structure has been restored since the previous site photographs were taken in June 2008. <3>
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS).
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1906. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Caithness. Digital.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s): Tilbury, S. 2009-11. Photographs by Sylvina Tilbury, HER Officer. Colour. . Digital. 22/08/2009.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 2450 3479 (4m by 3m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7954 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/8647 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.