MHG20097 - Possible Mill - Milton
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- MILL? (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- SLUICE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
NH80NE 58 8930 0950
Fieldwork by Dr T. C. Welsh in 1993 has identified a 13 x 5m foundation line of old boundary bank alongside broad shallow channel diverging from stream c. 100m SE, on the otherside sub- rectangular mound 15m across, possible mill (potential head 2m, at Milton). <1>
A lade had been identified approximately 70m SE from here, also by T. C . Welsh. See MHG20098.
A sluice is depicted very near to this location on the 2nd edition 25" OS Map. <2>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Welsh, T C. 1993. A Survey of the Lower Ground of Rothiemurchus south of the River Druie to identify past human activity in the landscape. Unaffiliated. 01/01/1994. Digital (scanned as PDF). 58..
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1900-5. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Inverness. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8930 0950 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||DUTHIL AND ROTHIEMURCHUS|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/104321 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.