MHG24935 - Ruigh-Aiteachain
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NN 84723 92338
500m to the south of the main group of buildings. Rectangular structure on N-S axis, measuring internally 10m x 2.5m. Defined by linear earth banks, more substantial at the north end where they are 0.2-0.3m in height, 1m in width and heather covered, but much lower at the south end where they are grassy.
M. Marshall - June 2003
NN89SW 5 8471 9233
A building, situated near an unnamed burn, was noted during a pre-afforestation survey by J Wordsworth (NMRS MS 961/2). It measures 12m from N to S by 4m with low turf walls surviving as low linear mounds 1.5m wide and 0.5m high.
J Wordsworth 1996; NMRS MS 961/2
NN 8471 9233 ?Turf-walled longhouse 12 x 4m.
Sponsor: Wills Woodland Trust.
J Wordsworth 1997
This site was visited during a walkover survey in March and April 2011. See the linked event (EHG3560) to download the survey report. <1><2>
- --- Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Wordsworth, J.. 1996. An Archaeological Survey of Proposed Native Pinewood Plantations and Exclosures in Glenfeshie. Wordsworth Archaeological Services. 01/01/1996. Digital (scanned as PDF).
- --- Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Scott Wilson Resource Consultants. 2000. Glenfeshie Estate: Woodland Grant Scheme Application. Scott Wilson. 30/05/2000. Digital (scanned as PDF).
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Fraser, L. and Peteranna, M.. 05/2011. Glenfeshie Estate Woodland Restoration Scheme: Desk-based Assessment and Walkover Survey. Ross & Cromarty Archaeological Services. Digital. Site 42.
- <2> Collection/Project Archive: Fraser, L and Peteranna, M. 05/2011. Glenfeshie Estate Woodland Restoration Scheme: Desk-based Assessment and Walkover Survey. Ross & Cromarty Archaeological Services. Digital. Site 42.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 8470 9233 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (2)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/121807 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.