MHG25211 - Parish Church - Petty
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
A comprehensive monumental inscription survey has been completed by the 'Highland Family History Society'. This survey does not include photos of each stone.
An oblique aerial photograph of this building and the new golf course behind has been submitted by Jim Bone. <1>
This building was revisited by a member of RCAHMS staff in 2011 and confirmed that this building remains at risk. <2>
The building was visited and photographed by S Kruse in 2013 during the ARCH Ardersier and Hilton Local Heritage Project. <3>
NH74NW0132 Watch House
Jaitken : 19/12/02
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Leonella Longmore. 2000. Land of Churches.
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Oblique: Bone, J. 2008-9. Aerial photographs of various HER sites submitted by Jim Bone. Colour. Yes. Digital.
- <2> Text/Correspondence: Fry, I. 01/2012. Buildings at Risk updates, Inverness area and others. Digital.
- <3> Collection/Project Archive: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2013-14. Ardersier and Hilton Local Heritage Project. Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). Yes. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7387 4989 (32m by 27m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (3)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB14931 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- http://www.buildingsatrisk.org.uk/BAR/detail.aspx?sctID=1269 (Buildings at Risk register entry)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14246 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.