MHG28252 - Burnt Mound, Little Rogart
A C-shaped burnt mound identified during RCAHMS survey work in 1995.
Type and Period (1)
- BURNT MOUND (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2400 BC to 560 AD)
- None recorded
This C-shaped burnt mound is situated at the edge of an expanse of boggy ground on the E of Little Rogart township. It measures 8m from NW to SE by 5.3m transversely and stands to about 0.75m in height with an opening for a trough on the NE.
Visited by RCAHMS (PJD) 6 July 1995 <1>
This feature was not located during a rapid walkover survey in 2011. <2>
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 124413.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Wood, J. 02/2011. Rogart Park: Archaeological Walk-over Survey. Highland Archaeology Services Ltd. Digital. R9.
- <2> Collection/Project Archive: Wood, J. 02/2011. Rogart Park: Archaeological Walk-over Survey. Highland Archaeology Services Ltd. Digital. R9.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 7339 0361 (15m by 16m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/124413 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.