MHG30275 - Rifle Range - Nethybridge
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- MAGAZINE (20th Century - 1901 AD to 2000 AD)
- FIRING RANGE (20th Century - 1901 AD to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
A rifle range is depicted on the 2nd Edition 6 inch OS Rossh-shire map. <1>
See Thumbnail Photo, showing ammunition store.
Site visited and no remains of targets were found in the wood - not all of wood searched. Ammunition store found. Information from A Wakeling.
Information supplied by Annette Jack, 18.10.01
See assoc. docs. File.
J Aitken : 29.10.01
A firing range lies c.1800m W of the Nethy Bridge drill hall. It is probable that it was in use during the First World War.
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 8 October 2013 <2>
GIS spatial data copied from data supplied by AKK from the RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. <3>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1905. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <2> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 332710.
- <3> Collection/Project Archive: Kilpatrick, A K. 2014. RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. Digital. No. 1015. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NH 9830 2014 (98m by 771m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||ABERNETHY AND KINCARDINE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/332710/mondhuie (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.