MHG3100 - Township - Inverarnie
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Undated)
- None recorded
NH63SE 72 688 332
There are four buildings and three enclosures situated on the stone-littered leading edge of the first terrace above the haughland on the E side of the River Farnack. The 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1874, sheet xxxi) depicts three unroofed buildings and two enclosures at this location, while the 2nd edition (Inverness-shire 1905, sheet xx) depicts an unroofed, two-compartment building, which may be USN93 382. Three of the buildings (USN93 380, 382 and 383) have bedneuks, and one (USN93 382) is overlain by one of the enclosures shown on the 1st edition map. On the terrace to the NE there are traces of rig cultivation, apparently unenclosed.
Visited by RCAHMS (DCC) 17 March 1993.
Three unroofed buildings, one of which is T-shaped, and an enclosure are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1875, sheet xx), but they are not shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1975).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 21 June 1996
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6880 3320 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||DAVIOT AND DUNLICHITY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/78427 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.