MHG31374 - Graveyard - Cromdale Parish Church
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CEMETERY (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
J Aitken : 11/12/02
'Speyside Monumental Inscriptions', pre 1855
Monumental inscription survey completed by Alison Mitchell. The survey may not include inscription information after 1855 and each inscription transcribed does not give the full details that appear on the stones, abbreviations used. Some ommissions and inacuraciesmay be encountered. First published 1975, reprinted 1992. Survey undertaken between 1970-1974.
J Aitken : 20/12/02
Cromdale United Free Church ("Cromdale Hall"), see NJ02NE 14.
Cromdale church, built 1809; much altered c1895.
G Hay 1957
Built on site of earlier church. Built into wall is a stone WG:EG 1602, believed to be from earlier church.
Visited by OS (RB) 8 Sept 1966.
Architects: Ross & Macbeth (I.C. Jan. 29, 1892) - Additions and alterations.
Five photographs of the graveyard were submitted by Martin Briscoe in May 2011. <1>
GIS spatial data created 2018 based on OS Master Map. <2>
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Edited by Alison Mitchell. 1992. Speyside Monumental Inscriptions, pre 1855. 2nd.
- <1> Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2011. Photographs of Cromdale Parish Church Graveyard. Colour digital. Yes. Digital.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NJ 0669 2896 (86m by 93m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||CROMDALE, INVERALLAN AND ADVIE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB352 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/75139 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.