MHG6824 - Cromdale Parish Church
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
NJ02NE0052 Graveyard & Watch House
J Aitken : 11/12/02
For Cromdale United Free Church ("Cromdale Hall"), see NJ02NE 14.
Cromdale church, built 1809; much altered c. 1895.
G Hay 1957
Built on site of earlier church. Built into wall is a stone WG:EG 1602, believed to be from earlier church.
Visited by OS (RB) 8 Sept 1966.
Architects: Ross & Macbeth (I.C. Jan. 29, 1892) - Additions and alterations.
Five photographs of the Cromdale parish Church were submitted in May 2011. <1>
GIS Spatial data created 2018 based on OS Master Map
- --- Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Malone, E & Young. A.. 2017. Matal Detecting Survey and Watching Brief - Cromdale Church, Cromdale, Grantown. Highland Archaeology Services Ltd. Digital.
- <1> Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2011. Photographs of the Cromdale Parish Church. Colour digital. Yes. Digital.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NJ 0667 2897 (18m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||CROMDALE, INVERALLAN AND ADVIE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB352 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/75139 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.