MHG31431 - Church of Scotland & Burial Ground, Kinlochluichart, graveyard
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CEMETERY (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Rural parish parliamentary church in use in small graveyard. There are only around ten gravestones, but there is an impressive classical temple memorial to Louisa, Lady Ashburton, d.1903. The site is flat apart from a raised bank upon which sits the monument. Visited during the Highland Kirkyards project, run by Highland Buildings Preservation Trust. <1><2>
- <1> Collection/Project Archive: Robinson, B; Scott, M; Wright, A. 03/2010. Highland Kirkyards: Ross and Cromarty. Highland Buildings Preservation Trust. 29/07/2010. Paper (Original).
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Highlands Buildings Preservation Trust. 2009. Photographs of Ross and Cromarty Kirkyards. Colour. . Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 3165 6266 (42m by 34m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB1774 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/107289 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.