MHG31635 - Unnamed farmstead, Migdale Moor
No summary available.
Type and Period (4)
- FARMSTEAD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- DYKE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- FIELD SYSTEM (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
The 1st edition Ordnance Survey map shows 2 roofed buildings, in an L-shape around a small enclosure. <1>
By the time of the 2nd edition Ordnance Survey map, only a single rectangular building is represented. <2>
The two buildings were only detectable as barely traceable footings during walkover survey (sites AM3 and AM5). It is considered probable that these buildings have been demolished and the stone stored as the demolition mound (AM1). A number of stone dykes were recorded (AM2, AM4, AM13-16), some forming enclosures, boundary dykes and parts of the field system surrounding the farmstead. <3>
- <1> SHG23446 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1878. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Sutherland. Digital.
- <2> SHG23733 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1906. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Sutherland. Digital.
- <3> SHG25008 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Higgins, P. 08/2010. Acharry Report: Archaeological Walkover Survey Report. Archaeology North Ltd. Digital. AM1-5, 13-16.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7056 9070 (192m by 164m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.