MHG35839 - BALNACLASH
A farmstead shown on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey mapping.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Created automatically by NMRS Register Utility
User: Admin, Date: Wed 13 Oct 2004
NJ03SE 27 0554 3189
A farmstead, comprising three roofed buildings and one unroofed structure is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Elginshire 1874, sheet xxx). Four roofed buildings are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1976).
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 19 May 1999.
Photographs of the farmhouse were submitted as part of a planning application to alter the building. <1>
Photographs of some of the other buildings were taken as part of a planning application. These included photographs of a wooden cattle shed and interior and exterior views of the farmhouse. <2>
Photographs of the unused south wing of the steading at Balnaclash were supplied to satisfy a condition on a planning application for the part change of use of the building to a domestic outbuilding. <3>
- <1> SHG24776 Image/Photograph(s): Neil Sutherland Architects. 2010. Photographs of Balnaclash Farmhouse, Grantown-on-Spey. Colour. . Digital.
- <2> SHG24979 Image/Photograph(s): Private individual. 2007-2010. Photographs of Balnaclash Farmstead, Grantown-on-Spey. Colour. . Digital.
- <3> SHG26433 Image/Photograph(s): Bremner, C.. 2010-11. Photographic Survey, Balnaclash, Grantown-on-Spey. Colour. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NJ 0554 3189 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||CROMDALE, INVERALLAN AND ADVIE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (3)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/155969 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.