MHG40323 - Strathseasgaich
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RIG AND FURROW (Undated)
- None recorded
Strathseasgaich crofting settlement, shown on Roy's map (W Roy 1747) and now consisting of the remains of several buildings in varying degrees of preservation with a field wall and run-rig associated.
W Roy 1747-55; J M Howell 1976 (see archive)
Strathseasgaich (name verified) comprises the ruins of a post-Clearance shepherd's house, the footings of two buildings which appear to be earlier, and a corn-drying kiln. The surrounding park is partly destroyed by deep ploughing and afforestation.
Visited by OS (N K B) 17 June 1980.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 3063 1057 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/4751 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.