MHG41300 - Loch Lunndaich
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CLEARANCE CAIRN (Undated)
- None recorded
Hut Circle (NR) OS 1:10,000 map, (1970)
On NE side of Loch Lundie, (Loch Lunndaich) and some three hundred yards along from its E extremity, is a hut circle, now ill-defined. Near it and on the hillside above are seven or eight mounds.
RCAHMS 1911, visited 1909. <1>
The hut circle noted by RCAHMS (1911) is 12m in diameter between centres of a heather overgrown wall. An entrance gap is not evident. Contemporary cultivation is marked by several stone clearance heaps on the hill slope to the NE.
Visited by OS (R D L) 15 April 1964 and (J M) 7 August 1975.
The HER map data for this record has been removed, as this point relates to the hut circle. A number of the clearance cairns noted by RCAHMS were recorded during walkover survey - see related records. <2><3>
- <1> Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1911. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments and Constructions of Scotland. Second report and inventory of monuments and constructions in the county of Sutherland. . 94, No. 277.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Lindsay, N. 02/2010. Strath Lunndaidh, Golspie, Sutherland: A Report on an Archaeological Walk-Over Survey. Unaffiliated. Digital. Features 17, 18, 20.
- <3> Verbal Communication: Carey, G. 2010-2011. Comment by Giles Carey, HER Officer.
No mapped location recorded.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
Related Monuments/Buildings (4)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/5962 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.