MHG41441 - Graveyard, Culinellan
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CEMETERY (Undated)
- None recorded
The burial-ground of Culinellan is at the farm of the same name. Just outside it are the remains of a house called "the chapel" which may have occupied the site of an ancient church. (See NH 06 SW 4 -Culinellan Church).
There are only a few shapeless stones in the burial-ground. (See also Burial Ground - NH 06 SW 1).
J H Dixon 1886
The burial ground now enclosed by a modern fence, is still in use.
The remains of a building, presumably "the chapel", are visible as a pile of rubble to which has been added field clearance. The building is reputed locally to have been a prayer house and may be the site of the church (NH 06 SW 4).
Surveyed at 1/2500. Visited by OS (R L) 25 October 1966
|Grid reference||Centred NH 0352 6270 (200m by 200m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12085 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.