MHG41961 - Strath Lunndaidh
The head dyke of the township at Strath Lunndaidh.
Type and Period (1)
- HEAD DYKE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Centred on 783 012
A township comprising five unroofed buidlings, five enclosures and a head-dyke are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1970). Two unroofed buildings are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Sutherland 1879, sheet cv).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 7 November 1995
The head dyke of this pre-clearance township lay within an area that was subject to walkover survey in 2009. It is described as a stone and turf bank, standing 0.5m high and 1m wide, and is variously covered along its length with bracken, heather and grass. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NC 7833 0124 (216m by 360m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/91141 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.