MHG43072 - Boathouse, Littleferry
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BOAT HOUSE (Built, 19th Century - 1850 AD to 1900 AD (between))
The pier is a stone structure, small stone built slip way on the east side. Photo. - HAW 3/2004
The Industrial Archaeology of Sutherland (A Scottish Highland Economy 1700-1900, p. 36, 38, 92, 93, 94-96) - Sinclair B Calder, 1974
J Aitken : 19/2/2004
Pier (wooden) marked on 1st ed OS, reversed L shape. Small building at NW corner. There is wooden building at this location at this moment. NB this is the modern docking area for the ferry that gives the settlement its name - HAW 11/2003
Likley same building surveyed as MHG46564.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Graham, A and Gordon, J. 1988. 'Old harbours in northern and western Scotland', Proc Soc Antiq Scot, Vol 117 (1987), pp 265-352. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland. Digital. 324.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Ian Hustwick. 1994. Moray Firth, (Ships & Trade). 32, 39 & 58.
- --- Text/Manuscript: Calder, Sinclair B.. 1974. The Industrial Archaeology of Sutherland: A Scottish Highland Economy 1700-1900. The University of Strathclyde.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8057 9560 (20m by 20m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7017 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15338 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.