MHG43713 - Site of building attached to head dyke, Lochcarron
An unroofed building attached to the head dyke is depicted on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map of 1875 but is no longer extant.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NG84SE 9 8992 4027
A single unroofed building attached to the head-dyke of the crofting township of Lochcarron is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire, 1880, sheet cxi), but it is not shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1972).
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 7 May 1996. <1>
A local researcher, Paul Swan, confirms that there is no trace on this building on the ground. <2>
<1> RCAHMS, RCAHMS_1st_edition_survey (Dataset/Geospatial Data). SHG23373.
<2> Tilbury, S, 2008, Telephone conversation with Paul Swan, 10/10/2008 (Verbal Communication). SHG23931.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 89922 40271 (6m by 5m) (Approximate)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/108713 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.