MHG44095 - Steading - Tongue Manse
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- STEADING (19th Century - 1841 AD? to 1842 AD? (built))
Steading associated with the former Church of Scotland Manse, now known as 'Lundies'.
Built 1841-2, single storey, L-plan, rubble built. Loft entrance in south gable; horizontal air vents; crowsteps; local and West highland slate roofs. Listed with the adjacent manse to southwest (see MHG17131) and gatepiers to the south (see MHG44093) at Category B in 1984.
Photographs of this L-shaped steading were submitted to the HER in November 2009 as a condition of planning consent for renovation and conversion to a dwelling. <1>
GIS spatial data amended in 2021 according to the location of the buildings on OS MasterMap. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NC 5915 5698 (28m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB18457 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/254087 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.