MHG44119 - Footbridge, Ardgay Station

Summary

No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • FOOTBRIDGE (Built, 19th Century - 1888 AD to 1888 AD)

Protected Status

Full Description

Station building has been converted to private house. Station masters house to N also converrted to private. Small railway building to S of station building derelict but roofed. Footbridge. Station in use - HAW 6/2004

NH69SW 63 6002 9042

Buildings similar to Fearn Station (NH87NW 6).
J R Hume 1977.

This intermediate station on the former Highland Rly. was opened (as Bonar Bridge Station) by the Inverness and Aberdeen Junction Rly. on 1 October 1864. It was renamed Ardgay Station on 2 May 1977, and remains in regular passenger use.
R V J Butt 1995.

Sources/Archives (3)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NH 6001 9046 (15m by 13m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NH69SW
Geographical Area SUTHERLAND
Civil Parish KINCARDINE

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (4)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.