MHG45814 - Possible corn kiln - west of Millburn Cottage, Rhu
Possible corn kiln west of Millburn Cottage, Rhu
Type and Period (1)
- CORN DRYING KILN? (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
The following site was recorded in a desk-based survey and field inspection in four areas proposed for natural woodland regeneration. Sponsor: Scottish Woodlands Ltd. D Alexander 1995.
Within a settlement comprising three rectilinear structures, a possible grain-drying kiln. <1>
A walkover survey of the Claggan and area west of Milburn was undertaken in 2014 by Rough Bounds Archaeology et al.
Site 32a. Circular structure c.3 mtrs diameter maximum possible corn kiln. <2>
NGR adjusted based on 2012 aerial photographs. <3>
- --- SHG206 Text/Publication/Article: Alexander, D. 1995. 'Arisaig (Arisaig & Moidart parish), desk-based survey and field inspection', Discovery and Excavation in Scotland 1995, p.40. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 40. 40.
- <1> SHG21370 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Alexander, D.. 1994. Arisaig, Lochaber District, Highland Region: Archaeological Survey. Centre for Field Archaeology, University of Edinburgh. 30/01/1994. Paper and Digital. p.16 No; 1.7.
- <2> SHG27494 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Rough Bounds Archaeology. 2016. Walkover Survey - Rhu Peninsula. Rough Bounds Archaeology. Digital.
- <3> SHG27869 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2012. Getmapping aerial photography 2012. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NM 6440 8525 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||ARISAIG AND MOIDART|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (2)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/132605 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.