MHG45956 - Craiglinnhe House, Ballachulish
A villa built in 1885 as a quarrymasters house. Used as a temperance hotel and fever hospital and now a guest house.
Type and Period (1)
- VILLA (Built, 19th Century - 1885 AD to 1885 AD (at some time))
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (07/02/1995)
NN05NW 7 0332 5956.
The RCAHMS Canmore entry quotes from "Western Seaboard: An Illustrated Architectural Guide", by Mary Miers, 2008, stating that this former quarrymaster's house, built in 1885, was later a temperance hotel and was then converted to a fever hospital in the early 20th century. <1><2>
Martin Briscoe submitted photographs of this building via the Highland HER Flickr group in June 2011. <3>
<1> RCAHMS, 02/2008, Annual update from Canmore, 82017 (Dataset). SHG24123.
<2> RCAHMS, Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS), 82017 (Interactive Resource/Online Database). SHG23282.
<3> Briscoe, J M, 2008-11, Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe (Image/Photograph(s)). SHG23810.
- <1> Dataset: RCAHMS. 02/2008. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 82017.
- <2> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 82017.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2008-11. Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe. Colour. Yes. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 0331 5957 (70m by 43m)|
|Civil Parish||LISMORE AND APPIN|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/82017 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.