MHG46052 - Lithic Flake - Loch Diabaig
A single regular flake of quartz was found on the footpath at Diabeg during the Scotland's First Settlers Project.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Mesolithic to Late Bronze Age - 8000 BC? to 551 BC?)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (27/03/2003)
NG75NE 19 7998 5968
Recorded between May and September 2002 as part of the Scotland's First Settlers Project and the Sea Loch Survey.
NG 7998 5968 Diabeg Findspot - lithics
K Hardy and C Wickham-Jones 2002
A single regular flake of quartz was found on the footpath at Diabeg during the Scotland's First Settlers Project in 2002. Isolated finds such as this support a general low level of activity across the area from prehistoric times. <1>
- --- SHG24123 Dataset: RCAHMS. 02/2008. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 240643.
- <1> SHG24512 Text/Publication/Monograph: Hardy, K and Wickham-Jones, C (eds). 2007. Mesolithic and later sites around the Inner Sound, Scotland: the work of the Scotland's First Settlers project 1998-2004, Scottish Archaeological Internet Reports 31. Scottish Archaeological Internet Report. 31. Digital. Section 2.2.33. SFS 190.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 7997 5967 (20m by 20m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://archaeologydataservice.ac.uk/archiveDS/archiveDownload?t=arch-310-1/dissemination/pdf/sair31.pdf (Link to published Scottish Archaeological Internet Report 31)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/240643 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.