MHG4688 - Recharr
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- FIELD SYSTEM (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- SETTLEMENT (Undated)
- None recorded
NH91NW 14 909 163.
See Report No. 85 (site 9 & 14) - Archaeological Management Plan for Avielochan Farm by T Rees, AOC, 1996.
J Aitken: 21/09/04
At NH 9093 1639 ('A') and NH 9084 1638 ('B') are two stone-walled oval huts within a small contemporary field system marked by stone clearance heaps.
'A' is 14.0m NE-SW by 12.0m NW-SE between the centres of a wall spread to 3.0m. The entrance is in the ENE.
'B' is similar but with the larger axis oriented NW-SE and is less well-defined. The entrance in the SE is ill-defined.
Surveyed at 1/2500.
Visited by OS (I M T) 18 April 1974.
- --- SHG20958 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Rees, T. 1996. Archaeological Management Plan for Avielochan Farm, Highland.. AOC (Scotland) Ltd. 01/05/1996. Digital (scanned as PDF).
- --- SHG5134 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph: B/W Negative. .
- --- SHG5135 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph: B/W Negative. .
- --- SHG5136 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph: B/W Negative. .
|Grid reference||Centred NH 9094 1631 (350m by 214m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||DUTHIL AND ROTHIEMURCHUS|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15388 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.