MHG493 - Township, Arienas
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Centred on 688 514
NM 687 514. Arienas. Remains of 7 houses, occupied by 1755, cleared 1838. One house occupied 1841, abandoned by 1851.
P Gaskell 1968
Arienas not visited. Five houses and an enclosure shown on OS 6" map. Information from OS (N K B) 16 June 1970
G Stell 1981
Eight unroofed buildings, one of which is a long building and another has two compartments, one enclosure and a short length of wall are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Argyllshire 1875, sheet liv). Six unroofed buildings and one enclosure are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1972).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 20 May 1998
|Grid reference||Centred NM 6883 5141 (184m by 203m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/22477 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.