MHG49875 - Blairgorm
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (21/02/2007 09:23:10)
NJ02SW 64 NJ 03136 20554
Nothing is visible of this farmstead, which stood in what is now a cultivated field immediately S of Blairgorm steading. As depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1874, sheet XLVIA), the farmstead comprised a roofed range, orientated N and S, which stood immediately S of a small garden. There was an outshot at the N end of the E side of the range, and a smaller roofed structure stood immediately S of the range.
Blairgorm is noted in the Ordnance Survey Name Book (Inverness-shire No. 1, p.45) as a name `applied to a number of small farmhouses each of them is one storey high, all thatched and some of them in very bad repair. The property of Earl of Seafield - Castle Grant'.
The farmstead had been abandoned by the end of the 19th century; the garden had been removed and only what was probably the unroofed outshot at the N end of the range is shown on the 2nd edition of the map (1902, sheet XLVIA).
Visited by RCAHMS (JRS, LM) 6 September 2006.
|Grid reference||Centred NJ 03135 20553 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||ABERNETHY AND KINCARDINE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/282957 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.