MHG51467 - Military Building, Hill of Ulbster
Second World War small brick-built building. Associated with the Hill of Ulbster Chain Home Low radar station. One of 17 buildings in the group.
Type and Period (1)
- MILITARY BUILDING (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- None recorded
Brick-built building with a concrete floor and roof. Measuring about 2.2m square overall and 2m in height, most of its NNE side is given over to a pair of doors that are now missing, and set into the floor on the S are two ceramic pipes, each measuring about 150mm in diameter.
Visited by RCAHMS (JRS, IF) 7 September 2004.
The building is as described above <1>. Photographs were taken <2>.
- --- Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Mercer, R. J. & Hill, P.H.. 1985. Archaeological field survey in northern Scotland: Volume III: 1982-1983. University of Edinburgh. 30/01/1985. Paper and Digital. fig. 91.
- <1> Verbal Communication: Puls, A. Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Puls, A. Site Visit Photographs. Colour. . Digital. 07/11/2008.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 33241 42156 (2m by 3m) (Mastermap)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/95153 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.