MHG52877 - Former golf course, Balblair Park
A former golf course depicted on the 2nd edition Ordnance Survey map c.1904.
Type and Period (1)
- GOLF COURSE (In use, 19th Century to First World War - 1875 AD? to 1914 AD (between))
- None recorded
The first location of Invergordon Golf Course was a six hole course at Balblair Park, Rosskeen, just to the west of the present course. The land was given by MacLeod of Cadboll. Use was suspended at the beginning of the First World War. <1>-<3>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Robinson, H. 2008. Archaeological evaluation at new housing development - east of Invergordon Golf Course. Highland Heritage. 22/10/2008. Digital. p 11.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <3> Dataset/Geospatial Data: RCAHMS. Historic Landuse Assessment.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 69004 69220 (324m by 328m) (Centred)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.