MHG54081 - Building/sheepfold, Tore
Building shown on 1st edition Ordnance Survey map; marked as sheepfold on 2nd edition Ordnance Survey.
Type and Period (2)
- SHEEP FOLD (20th Century - 1901 AD to 2000 AD)
- BUILDING (19th Century - 1801 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Roofed building marked on 1st edition Ordnance Survey of 1880, marked as sheepfold on 2nd edition Ordnance Survey of 1907. Not marked on OS of 1992 or latest OS map. Nothing visible on aerial photograph of 1946 (3057) only rough ground, ibid for 1967. Walkover reveals no trace of building. Field currently planted with turnips. <1>-<3>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1871-76. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <3> Text/Report: Farrell, S. 2003. Report of Archaeological Desktop & Walkover Survey, Duncanston Water Mains Renewal Project. Unaffiliated. . . Site 2.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5989 5848 (38m by 50m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
|Civil Parish||URQUHART AND LOGIE WESTER|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.