MHG54173 - Pits and field boundary, Teanahaun, Conon Bridge
A group of undated pits, with a field boundary or ditch, were recorded during archaeological evaluation.
Type and Period (3)
- PIT (Undated)
- (Former Type) FIELD BOUNDARY? (Undated)
- (Alternate Type) DITCH? (Undated)
- None recorded
A group of oval pits if unknown date were recorded during trial trenching. A single field boundary, or shallow ditch was found in close proximity. This feature may be associated with the remains of ploughed-out rig and furrow seen to the W of the site. <1>
Further area excavation is due to take place in the vicinity of these features to clarify the relationship between these pits and other agricultural features. <2>
The field boundary or shallow ditch mentioned above proved upon excavation to be part of a drying kiln. See MHG54309. <3>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Farrell, S. 11/2010. Archaeological Evaluation at Conon Bridge School, Leanig Road, Conon Bridge, Highland. Unaffiliated. 10/12/2010. Digital. Trenches 1,8.
- <2> Verbal Communication: Carey, G. 2010-2011. Comment by Giles Carey, HER Officer. 10/12/2010.
- <3> Verbal Communication: Tilbury, S. Comment by Sylvina Tilbury, HER Officer. 10/03/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5475 5540 (22m by 23m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
|Civil Parish||URQUHART AND LOGIE WESTER|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.