MHG54290 - Stone slab, Creag Bhreac Bheag
A large stone slab, possibly a fallen standing stone or cist cap.
Type and Period (2)
- STANDING STONE? (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC? to 551 BC?)
- (Alternate Type) CIST? (Bronze Age - 2400 BC? to 551 BC?)
- None recorded
AOC Walkover January 2011
Large stone slab, c.1.5m by c.1.2m, possible fallen standing stone or cist cap. See report linked to related event record. <1>
This may be connected with MHG1240, which records the presence of several standing stones on a north-south alignment. <2>
The archaeologist who carried out the walkover survey does not think this stone is related to the stone alignment MHG1240. It was a good deal to the north and there were no other associated features. <3>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Oleksy, V and Cavers, G. 01/2011. Baillie Hill Wind Farm, Grid Connection: Desk Based Assessment & Walkover Survey. AOC Archaeology Group. Digital. Site 60, Plate 8.
- <2> Verbal Communication: Tilbury, S. Comment by Sylvina Tilbury, HER Officer.
- <3> Text/Correspondence: Highland Council. 02/2011. Email correspondence with AOC Archaeology Group. Digital.
|Grid reference||ND 00718 66094 (point) (GPS derived)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.