MHG54357 - Site of mill and former mill dam, Fodderty
A mill dam depicted on early Ordnance Survey mapping. Possible mill fittings built into a wall point to a former mill in the close vicinity.
Type and Period (4)
- MILL (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- MILL DAM (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- SLUICE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- MILL POND (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A mill dam is depicted on historic Ordnance Survey mapping (named on the 2nd and later editions). Stone objects built into the west wall of the steading of Fodderty House may be fittings from a former mill (see MHG54356). <1>-<3>
- <1> Interactive Resource/Webpage: Highland Council. 2011. Highland HER Facebook page. Yes. Wall posts, 02/04/2011 to 12/04/2011.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1871-76. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
No mapped location recorded.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- www.facebook.com/HighlandHER (Highland HER Facebook page)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.