MHG55590 - Curling pond and tennis court, Strathpeffer Pavilion
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- CURLING POND (20th Century - 1901 AD to 2000 AD)
- TENNIS COURT (20th Century - 1901 AD to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
By the time of the 2nd edition map (1906), a curling pond, along with two bowling greens and a bandstand, had been laid out in Pavilion Gardens. The curling pond became tennis courts by the mid 20th century - and is shown as such on the map contained in a 1949 prospectus for the sale of the Strathpeffer Estate. Later it reverted to a curling pond, and it is again tennis courts.
Information from Kitty Campbell; Jennifer Haslam; Margaret Spark, ARCH Remembering Strathpeffer Project, 2011
Messrs John D. Wood & Co., 1949. Strathpeffer, Ross-shire. The Holiday Resort of the Northern Highlands. Part of the Strathpeffer Estate. For Sale by Auction as a Whole or in Lots <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 48382 58016 (54m by 50m) (GPS derived)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.