MHG55599 - Bowling greens, Strathpeffer Pavilion
No summary available.
Type and Period (3)
- BOWLING GREEN (Constructed, 19th Century to 20th Century - 1876 AD to 1906 AD (at some time))
- MINIATURE GOLF COURSE (In use, 20th Century - 1961 AD to 1980 AD (between))
- PUTTING GREEN (In use, 20th Century - 1951 AD to 1960 AD (between))
- None recorded
Two bowling greens - along with a curling pond and a small building which was a bandstand - are shown on the OS 2nd edition map (1906) within Pavilion Gardens. The smaller of the bowling greens was used for crazy golf during the 1960s-1970s. One of the bowling greens was a putting green in the 1950s.
Information from Kitty Campbell; Jennifer Haslam, ARCH Remembering Strathpeffer Project, 2011 <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4845 5807 (89m by 65m) (Approximate)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.