MHG55802 - Turf and stone boundary and ditch - Mid Clyth, Caithness
A turf and stone boundary and ditch was recorded during a walkover survey by AOC Archaeology Group in 2012.
Type and Period (2)
- DYKE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- DITCH (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A turf and stone boundary and ditch was recorded during a walkover survey by AOC Archaeology Group in 2012 in advance of the possible use of the immediate area as a borrow pit for the Burn of Whilk windfarm development. It was well-defined towards the west becoming less so toweards the east, where it eventually passed under the later drystone wall that constituted the site's easternmost boundary. It may date to the early improvement period originally enclosing land that was later abandoned. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred ND 30040 38341 (153m by 92m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.