MHG55870 - Pump and Tanks, Naast
A set of Second World War tanks and a possible pump house associated with the large water/oil tank to the north-west.
Type and Period (2)
- FUEL TANK (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- PUMP HOUSE (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- None recorded
Three buildings aligned SE-NW, the central building shorter than the outer two. The 1968 OS map anotates the buildings as 'Tank'. It is proposed that the central building may be a small pump house, with the tanks holding the fuel. Forms part of the collection of buildings constructed to supply fuel or water to fleet and convoy vessels leaving Loch Ewe. Visible on 1947 aerial photograph (sortie CPE/SCOT/UK/284 number 3416). The buildings no longer appear extant with the area now covered in forestry. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8283 8316 (42m by 42m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.