MHG55956 - Cairns - Keppochmuir, Kincraig
Cairns noted by J Wood in 2004 during a DBA and walkover survey for the Highland Wildlife Park.
Type and Period (1)
- CLEARANCE CAIRN (Undated)
- None recorded
NH80SW 30 801 037.
Air photographs have been taken of an area of cultivation and clearance cairns, within the Highland Wildlife Park boundary, S of the deserted settlement noted on NH80SW 29. (See archive for details.)
Information from J Harden 1989. <1>
Cairns were noted by J Wood in 2004 during a DBA and walkover survey on behalf of the Highland Wildlife Park. They were noted to probably be of 17th-19th century in origin, but possibly on the site of earlier features. It was not possible to survey the nearby plantation area, which may contain further examples. <2>
- <1> SHG5123 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph: B/W Negative. .
- <1> SHG5124 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph: B/W Negative. .
- <1> SHG5125 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph: B/W Negative. .
- <2> SHG25782 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Wood, J.. 2004. Archaeology Development Plan: Highland Wildlife Park, Kincraig. Highland Archaeology Services Ltd. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8004 0406 (60m by 55m)|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/273581 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.