MHG56903 - Lonsdale, High Street, Ardersier
c.1908 detached villa. The final building constructed in a row of four detached and semi-detached villas located on the edge of Fishertoun, Ardersier.
Type and Period (1)
- DETACHED HOUSE (20th Century - 1908 AD to 1908 AD (circa))
Built c.1908 by architect Thomas Munro. Lonsdale is a good survival of the period with many original features and fabric surviving intact. As a consequence of a rapid review of Ardersier Conservation Area, Lonsdale was recommended for listing in March 2014. <1> <2>
Lonsdale was assessed by Historic Scotland in May 2014 with a decision not to add the building to the list. <3>
- <1> Text/Report: Puls, A. 2013. Rapid Assessment of Ardersier Conservation Area. Highland Council. Digital.
- <2> Text/Report: Puls, A. 2014. Proposals to amend the statutory list: Ardersier. Highland Council. Digital.
- <3> Text/Report: Listing and Designed Landscape Team. 2015. Assessment Against the Listing Criteria: Ardersier. Historic Scotland. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7805 5549 (17m by 16m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (2)
External Links (1)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/ (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.