MHG56906 - Memorial Fountain, Ardersier
An early C20 cast iron fountain in The Square, Ardersier. It was listed in 2015.
Type and Period (1)
- DRINKING FOUNTAIN (Erected, 20th Century - 1901 AD? to 1905 AD? (at some time))
An early C20 cast iron fountain in The Square, Ardersier, by Water Macfarlane and Company of Saracen Foundry, Glasgow, erected to commemorate the reign of Queen Victoria in or just after 1901.
It was recommended to Historic Scotland for listing following a rapid review of the Ardersier Conservation Area in 2014 by the Highland Council Historic Environment Team. <1> <2>
The fountain was re-assessed by Historic Scotland in May 2014 with a decision to add it the statutory list. <3>
It was added to the Statutory list in 2015 at Category C. <4>
- <1> Text/Report: Puls, A. 2013. Rapid Assessment of Ardersier Conservation Area. Highland Council. Digital.
- <2> Text/Report: Puls, A. 2014. Proposals to amend the statutory list: Ardersier. Highland Council. Digital.
- <3> Text/Report: Listing and Designed Landscape Team. 2015. Assessment Against the Listing Criteria: Ardersier. Historic Scotland. Digital.
- <4> Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Historic Scotland. 2015. Statutory and Descriptive List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest (Highland Council), 190th Amendment 2015. Historic Scotland.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7815 5531 (4m by 4m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (2)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB52346 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/318925/ardersier-memorial-fountain (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.