MHG5697 - Barbed and Tanged Arrowhead - Kildonnan, Eigg
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
A barbed and tanged arrowhead of green flint, found when ploughing in the Kildonnan area (Kildonnan: NM 490 850) some 250 yds W of the cist described on NM 48 NE 13, was donated to the NMAS in 1882 by Prof MacPherson (Acc No: BN 45).
N MacPherson 1878; NMAS Catalogue 1892
- --- Text/Publication/Article: MacPherson, N. 1878. 'Notes on the antiquities from the Island of Eigg', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 12 1876-8, p.577-97. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 577-97. 593.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: NMAS. 1892. Catalogue of the National Museum of Antiquities of Scotland. 96.
- --- Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. BN 45.
|Grid reference||Centred NM 4900 8499 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||SMALL ISLES|
- BARBED AND TANGED ARROWHEAD (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/22147 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.