MHG57497 - Building, Allt na h- Annaite
Building, Allt na h- Annaite
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
River Meig, Allt na h-Annaite
Buildings, enclosure and sheepfold (741-744) – centred on NH 3370 5476 Two buildings, one on the N side of the road, an enclosure and a sheepfold are west of the Allt na h-Annaite and 500m east of Glacour.
741 Building - NH 33774 54787 The remains of this rectangular building are on the north side of the road a 100m to the west of the bridge over the Allt na h’Annaite. It is on an E-W axis and measures 7m x 2.8m. The turf and stone walls are to a height of 0.2-0.3m, with a spread of 1-1.2m. There is an entrance in the north wall 0.9m in width. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2009 APs <2>
- <1> SHG24904 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Marshall, M. 2010. Report of Phase Three Loch Meig to Dalbreac: February 2008 to June 2008, August 2009 to October 2009. North of Scotland Archaeological Society. Digital. p.49 Site 741.
- <2> SHG27382 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NH 3377 5479 (14m by 14m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/308573/river-meig-allt-na-h-annaite (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.