MHG57503 - Enclosure, Bridgend
Type and Period (1)
- ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Situated on the south side of the river, this site is on both sides of a minor burn, with an extensive area of improved ground on the valley floor to the north. The site is at a point where the main road turns abruptly to cross the river from the south bank to the north; a track continues on the south side and may have been the original approach road to Dalbreac House.
760 Enclosure - NH 32069 54812 On the north side of a track and on a glacial terrace above the valley floor, this enclosure is 200m west of the bridge, 758. It is triangular in shape, and bounded on the south by the wall, 759, which is 60m in length; on the west it is bounded by a low turf bank on the edge of a steep bank with the field below and on the NE by a vague grassy track which descends the bank to the field below. There is disturbed ground in the centre of the enclosure but no form could be made of the low humps. <1>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Marshall, M. 2010. Report of Phase Three Loch Meig to Dalbreac: February 2008 to June 2008, August 2009 to October 2009. North of Scotland Archaeological Society. Digital. p.51 Site 760.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NH 3207 5482 (55m by 40m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/308577/bridgend (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.