MHG58869 - Wall and slipway, Isle of Ewe
Wall and slipway on Isle of Ewe
Type and Period (2)
- WALL (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- SLIPWAY (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Wall and slipway on shore. The site was recorded in 2014 by Malone D, MacInnes A & Buchanan J as part of an archaeological survey of Isle Ewe. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2009 aerial photographs. Evidence of second slipway on AP <2> (T. Blackie 5/11/18)
Note; main wall is shown on 1st Edition OS 6" <3>
- <1> SHG27960 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Malone, B, MacInnes, A & Buchanan, J. 2014. A History and Survey of Isle Ewe. Unaffiliated. 2018. Digital. p.55 Site 71.
- <2> SHG27382 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009. XY
- <3> SHG23411 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8619 8720 (40m by 53m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.