MHG59101 - Anti Aircraft Battery - Coastal Battery, South Sutor
Part of the Second World War Cromarty defences.
Type and Period (1)
- ANTI AIRCRAFT BATTERY (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
Located to the S of the Second World War Battery Observation Post are two small square concrete blocks each with a holdfast for a UP Rocket for close air defence for the coast battery. Visited by RCAHMS (AKK) 7 August 2013. <1>
GIS spatial data copied from data supplied by AKK from RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. <2>
The site was included within the scheduling for the South Sutor Battery with effect from 29/04/2019. <3>
For other installation associated with the Second World War 6 inch Battery site, see also MHG34269, MHG36170, MHG46668, MHG36171, MHG34268, MHG36172, MHG36174.
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 332233.
- <2> Collection/Project Archive: Kilpatrick, A K. 2014. RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. Digital. No. 669. XY
- <3> Text/Designation Notification/Scheduled Monument: Historic Environment Scotland. 2019. Addition to the Schedule of Monuments: SM13571: South Sutor Battery, batteries and camp. Historic Environment Scotland. 01/05/2019. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8099 6687 (21m by 36m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM13571 (View online HES designation record)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/332233/south-sutor-coastal-battery (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.