MHG59101 - Anti Aircraft Battery - Coastal Battery, South Sutor
Part of the Second World War Cromarty defences.
Type and Period (1)
- ANTI AIRCRAFT BATTERY (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
Located to the S of the Second World War Battery Observation Post are two small square concrete blocks each with a holdfast for a UP Rocket for close air defence for the coast battery. Visited by RCAHMS (AKK) 7 August 2013. <1>
GIS spatial data copied from data supplied by AKK from RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. <2>
The site was included within the scheduling for the South Sutor Battery with effect from 29/04/2019. <3>
For other installation associated with the Second World War 6 inch Battery site, see also MHG34269, MHG36170, MHG46668, MHG36171, MHG34268, MHG36172, MHG36174.
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 332233.
- <2> Collection/Project Archive: Kilpatrick, A K. 2014. RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. Digital. No. 669. XY
- <3> Text/Designation Notification/Scheduled Monument: Historic Environment Scotland. 2019. Addition to the Schedule of Monuments: SM13571: South Sutor Battery, batteries and camp. Historic Environment Scotland. 01/05/2019. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8099 6687 (21m by 36m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM13571 (View online HES designation record)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/332233/south-sutor-coastal-battery (Link to online HES Canmore record)