MHG59141 - Anti-Aircraft Battery - Coast Battery, North Sutor
Anti-Aircraft Battery associated with the Second World War 6 inch Battery site.
Type and Period (1)
- ANTI AIRCRAFT BATTERY (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
Located to the S of the Engine House are four concrete pads about c.30m apart aligned ENE-WSW, each with a holdfast for a UP Rocket for close air defence for the coast battery.
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 30 July 2013. <1> <2>
These concrete pads are visible in 2009 aerial photography. <3>
The North Sutor camps, batteries and associated buildings and features were scheduled by Historic Environment Scotland with effect from 26/03/2019. <4>
For other installations associated with the Second World War 6 inch battery site, see also
MHG35180, MHG35177, MHG35179, MHG35981, MHG35183, MHG38497, MHG46669, MHG46670, MHG59174, MHG59896, MHG59178, MHG34271, MHG35182.
- <1> SHG23282 Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 331902.
- <2> SHG28062 Collection/Project Archive: Kilpatrick, A K. 2014. RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. Digital. No. 584.
- <3> SHG27382 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009. XY
- <4> SHG28211 Text/Designation Notification/Scheduled Monument: Historic Environment Scotland. 2019. Addition to the Schedule of Monuments: SM13570: North Sutor Battery, batteries and camps. Historic Environment Scotland. 27/03/2019. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8186 6890 (88m by 38m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM13570 (View online HES designation record)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/331902/north-sutor-coast-battery (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.