MHG60569 - Boathouse, naust and slipway - Doire-Chlaigionn, Torridon
Ruined boathouse, naust and slipway at Doire-Chlaigionn, Torridon
Type and Period (3)
- BOAT HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- SLIPWAY (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- NAUST (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A township comprising seven roofed, two partially roofed, three unroofed buildings and a field-system is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire 1881, sheet xcii). Twelve unroofed buildings and a field-system are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1970).
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 24 April 1996.
A walkover survey of the area around Doire-chlaigionn was undertaken by Macinnes, A. and Doe, T. in 2014.
Site 25. The ruins of a slipway and boathouse with a cutting for a boat to be pulled up into. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2009 aerial photographs. <2>
1st Edition OS 6" <3>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: MacInnes, A.. 2018. Doire-chlaigionn. Anne MacInnes. Digital. p.16 Site 25.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009. XY
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8268 5464 (17m by 18m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.