MHG608414 - Former Hunting Lodge - Tongue
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- HUNTING LODGE (Built 1891, 19th Century to 20th Century - 1801 AD to 2000 AD)
- HOSTEL (Converted 1946, Modern - 1901 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
Tongue Lodge was built in the late 19th century and is depicted on the 2nd Edition OS Map. It is now in use as a youth hostel. <1> <2>
The lodge was photographed during aerial surveys by RCAHMS. See link below to HES Canmore record for photos. <3>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1906. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Sutherland. Digital.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
- <3> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 333977.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 5862 5854 (37m by 25m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/333977/tongue-lodge (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.