MHG62244 - Former East Lodge - 'Clunes', Kirkhill


The former east lodge for the house of 'Clunes', Kirkhill.

Type and Period (1)

  • GATE LODGE (19th Century - 1850 AD? (built) to 1875 AD? (built))

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

The former east lodge for the house of 'Clunes', Kirkhill. Now heavily modernised.

East Lodge: This name is given to a small cottage at the east entrance to Clunes House; it is one story high, slated and in excellent condition D. Cameron Esqr Clunes Proprietor. <1>

For the house see MHG47418, for the West Lodge see MHG62245.

The original name for the property was Fingask. The name 'Clunes' was given to the house by Donald Cameron after his old home in Lochaber. Donald Cameron also owned Fingask Mains. <2>

The lodge is depicted on 1st and 2nd edition OS maps.

GIS spatial data created in 2021 according to location as seen on OS MasterMap. <3>

Sources/Archives (3)



Grid reference Centred NH 5562 4587 (18m by 8m) (2 map features)
Map sheet NH54NE
Civil Parish KIRKHILL
Geographical Area INVERNESS

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (0)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.