MHG9302 - Chapel, Mudale
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHAPEL (Early Medieval to Medieval - 561 AD to 1559 AD)
- None recorded
NC53NW 3 531 358.
'There was a chapel at Moudale in Strathmoudale.' (Mudale: NC 531 358) Orig Paroch Scot 1855; T Pennant 1769; G A Cooke 1802-10
Local enquiries failed to identify the site of this chapel and no evidence of such was encountered during field investigation.
Visited by OS (JLD) 6 May 1961
No further information. Visited by OS (NKB) 17 July 1980
OS records large area of abandoned settlement to NE of Mudale Farm NC53NW0003 - HAW 11/2003
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Cooke, G A. 1810. Topographical Description of Northern Division of Scotland. 61.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Pennant, T. 1774. A tour in Scotland; MDCCLXIX. 3rd ed.. 437.
- --- Text/Publication/Monograph: OPS. 1855. Origines parochiales Scotiae: the antiquities ecclesiastical and territorial of the parishes of Scotland. 2/2. 708.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 5310 3580 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/5292 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.