MHG9445 - Pittenraill Mills, Rogart Mills
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- GRAIN MILL (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
1st ed OS 25" refers to Pittenraill Mill (woollen Mill) plus a separate cornmill to the W of this - HAW 8/2004
NC70SW 47 7255 0194
The Industrial Archaeology of Sutherland (A Scottish Highland Economy 1700-1900, pp. 209, 220) - Sinclair B Calder, 1974
J Aitken : 19/2/2004
(Location cited as NC 724 020). Rogart Mills. The tweed mill was probably built c. 1870, and is a 1- and 2-storey building of rubble and slate. It was last used as a mill in 1954. The contemporary meal mill, two-storey on an L-plan, also ceased working in the 1950's. There were two pairs of stones.
J R Hume 1977.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 320.
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Puls, A. Site Visit Photographs. Colour. . Digital.
- --- Text/Manuscript: Calder, Sinclair B.. 1974. The Industrial Archaeology of Sutherland: A Scottish Highland Economy 1700-1900. The University of Strathclyde.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 7254 0194 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://www.buildingsatrisk.org.uk/BAR/detail.aspx?sctID=0984 (Buildings at Risk register entry)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/6004 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.